The POWER Program is for people who:
- Are residents of Bexar County.
- Are between 15 and 30 years old.
- Within the last two years, have begun experiencing confusion, unusual thoughts, acting in ways that seem difficult for others to understand, hearing or seeing things others do not, fearful or suspicious of other people.
- Are interested in getting support from a diverse team of helping professionals.
People in the POWER Program will have the support of an entire team that will help them accomplish their life goals. The team includes:
- Skilled therapists who will offer counseling, therapy, and support to help young adults, their families, and friends learn new ways of adjusting to the changes they are experiencing.
- Medical providers who collaborate with the young adult to make decisions related to medication and medical concerns.
- Peer specialists who can offer understanding through their own experiences that relate to what the person might be going through.
- Employment and school specialists that can assist with finding and maintaining employment as well as assistance with achieving education-related goals.
Our Goals are to:
- Provide a safe, welcoming space for young adults and their families as they navigate unfamiliar changes.
- Offer services that will help people achieve goals that are important to them.
- Help families and friends find the right ways to connect and support their loved one experiencing these difficult changes.
Contact Us: 210-261-3143